So what else can you do to make your belly dancing better? Hi I'm Johanna Krynytzky with Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio in St. Petersburg, Florida. One one thing that really helps belly dancing is yoga. Doing yoga and belly dance together are very complementary. Belly dancing is all about isolation. All about moving one part of your body at a time. Yoga is all about stretching and alignment so it's going to help prepare your body for belly dancing. It's going to help stretch you out and get your body in the right place so that you can belly dance. For instance I study Iyengar style yoga or a variant of Iyengar style yoga. And that's all about alignment. So that is very important in my belly dancing because then when I'm standing there is my right hip ahead of my left? Am I doing my undulations crooked? All these alignment things are very important when you belly dance. So doing yoga is going to help align your body and put you in the right position so that you're doing the belly dancing equally for your body and getting a nice good isolation out of it and doing what's healthy for your body. I'm Johanna Krynytzky with Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio talking about yoga and belly dance.
Belly Dancing Costumes & Exercises oga & Belly Dancing
So what else can you do to make your belly dancing better? Hi I'm Johanna Krynytzky with Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio in St. Petersburg, Florida. One one thing that really helps belly dancing is yoga. Doing yoga and belly dance together are very complementary. Belly dancing is all about isolation. All about moving one part of your body at a time. Yoga is all about stretching and alignment so it's going to help prepare your body for belly dancing. It's going to help stretch you out and get your body in the right place so that you can belly dance. For instance I study Iyengar style yoga or a variant of Iyengar style yoga. And that's all about alignment. So that is very important in my belly dancing because then when I'm standing there is my right hip ahead of my left? Am I doing my undulations crooked? All these alignment things are very important when you belly dance. So doing yoga is going to help align your body and put you in the right position so that you're doing the belly dancing equally for your body and getting a nice good isolation out of it and doing what's healthy for your body. I'm Johanna Krynytzky with Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio talking about yoga and belly dance.